WARNING: This post is long and sappy!
Christmas with Colin was so much fun! I know everyone thinks their kid is the best, but we feel really, really blessed. It was so awesome to celebrate with him this year! Below are two pictures from Christmas morning 2009 when we found out we were expecting a baby boy! Everyday since, we've fallen more in love with him.
Now onto 2010...Rewinding a few weeks, we went out to AZ to celebrate Christmas with Nana & Papa Whalen, Aunt Colleen, Uncle Tim, Liam and Molly. I have said this before, but I am blessed with the most wonderful in-laws! I couldn't have married into a better family! (Ok, I digress again, but just looking at these pictures made me feel so thankful and filled with love!)

"Yummy, a bow!"
Because of the way Christmas break fell, we had a whole week off prior to Christmas this year. It was a really rainy week, so it was awesome to stay home, relax, and also bake some Christmas cut out cookies. Like last year, Carter came over to help. Kevin was the lead baker, Ash, Carter, and I were the lead decorators. We all shared the eating responsibilities.
On Christmas eve, we went to church and then came home and had a wonderful Irish meal of corn beef, potatoes, salad, and of course yummy wine. Kev set the table and even put out the fancy wine glasses. On my plate is a card from my awesome husband. He is so sentimental...I love it! Colin ate his green beans and apple slices.
On Christmas morning, we woke up early to open presents. Apparently, we were all very good this year! Santa gave Colin a tricycle, Kevin a kindle, and me a kindle. (Kevin and I had never talked about wanting a kindle and we were both VERY happily surprised by our Santa gifts! We found it hilarious that Santa had the same idea for both of us!)




After the morning festivities, we headed over to Nana & Papa Gaebel's house where Alyssa, Ashleigh, Grant, Carter and Avery were waiting anxiously. There were more presents to open including these cute matching backpacks for Avery & Colin.
Christmas day was capped off by a yummy meal with most of the extended Gaebel family. (We missed you Mike, Kristina, Jeff, Meghan, & Kaden!) The highlight was watching my grandma juggle Avery & Colin! It was really sweet!


"More green beans please!"
We are so thankful for all the gifts we received this year, but the greatest gift is family! We love our baby boy, we love each other, and we love our family so much! Thank you for a wonderful Christmas!








I love my buddy! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had such a good Christmas! Love the pictures and LOVE my nephew!
ReplyDelete