
Colin 24 weeks: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
(Notice I did not include the * next to Colin's name...He's been officially named...WOHOO!)

Allie 24 weeks: I'm thrilled! These days many babies born prematurely at 24 weeks survive due to advances in neonatal care. For me, 24 weeks marks the first week of possible viability (outside my little womb)...a big milestone and I'm elated to be here. New this week...we ordered our furniture! After much debate, we decided to go with a white crib and dresser. It's so pretty and will look great with the yellow we're going to paint the walls. We also ordered a green colored rocker/ recliner that is super comfy. Kevin is already talking about taking naps on it. Things are coming together.
Cute picture sister. But are there, ummm, dog poops on the ground? lol
ReplyDeleteGreat name. I like it. I can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDelete