Today is my last day of summer. Tonight we are going out to celebrate. We're trying to put a joyful spin on it and celebrate the time off we had together... as a new family of three. But I'm sad. I'm really, really sad. I don't know if I could cut it being a stay-at-home mom full-time, but I would love to try. Many say they crave the adult interaction, and I could see that being true for me too. However, I've been fortunate to have the last 10 1/2 weeks off with Kevin. We've learned about Colin together and explored our new roles as mom and dad at the same time. It's been a huge blessing that we are extremely thankful for. Would I be more excited to go back if I had been home by myself? Maybe, but I don't have the option of staying home. I have to go back...So, I sit here this morning as my baby takes his morning nap, and I appreciate the many blessings I have been given. Tears of joy and sadness are running down my cheeks.
Aloha! (Spring Break)
8 years ago
I can not believe how BIG Colin looks in all these pictures!! And your trip to Lake Tahoe musy have been so much fun! I remember when Ryan was 4 months old and I went back to substitute teaching (just one day/week) while my sister-in-law watched Ryan. I cried all the way to the school, but it does get easier! With your c section, was that scheduled, since he was so big? That is what I am facing this time around...Aug 24th! Hope your new school year goes well for you.
ReplyDeleteAw, I understand completely how you feel...
ReplyDelete