Colin is now (over) two months old. We call him many things...little man, baby boy, love bug, big boy, smiley face, moose, tank, and chunky monkey. Many of his nicknames stem from how big he is growing. At his two month appointment he weighed 17 lbs and was 25 inches long. Both measurement are off the charts...He's bigger than 100% of babies his age. Regardless of his measurements (because really, who cares?), he's healthy and thriving, and that's the important part. He's also smiling....a lot, which is absolutely the best!
Colin, Carter, and Avery
At his two month appointment, he also received his first set of shots. I struggled with this a lot...I realize that the medical community has found no link between immunizations and autism, but there's been enough hoopla about it to mess with my head. Also, my mom chose not to immunize me as a child, and I've suffered no repercussions. I talked to friends and educated myself before Colin was even born. I could have done more research, but at some point my brain shut down, and I stopped thinking about it. Then his two month appointment was suddenly here, and I realized I never really made a decision. We were there at the doctor's office and I just went with my gut. I feel like I took a leap of faith that everything is going to be ok. So at his two month appointment, Colin was poked three times and received one oral medication. Kevin held him down (I love my husband!), and Colin handled it like a champ. I still feel nervous...I still wonder if I did the right thing...I still silently exhale every time he smiles hoping that's a sign I haven't lost him to that horrible disease.

Colin resting after his appointment. His daddy was MY hero for holding him while he was poked on the top of each leg. He received super hero band-aids, which coordinated with his outfit. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment