Our baby boy is ONE!

Colin's first birthday party was based on the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I always call Colin my bug or love bug, so I wanted to do something with this in mind. The book provided me with so many ideas...I love how it came together! I read somewhere that a kid's birthday party is like a love letter to them...This really resonated with me. I know Colin won't remember his birthday, but I wanted to make it special because he is so special to me! I love you Colin James Whalen! Happy 1st Birthday!
In this cute, caterpillar t-shirt, he looked the part.
His "Happy Birthday" banner.
All his birthday friends.

I made picture banner showing how he's grown/ changed over the months.
His yummy cakes thanks to his Aunt Ashleigh and "Aunt" Emily.

Every birthday boy needs a hat....even if they refuse to wear it! :)

He liked his cake, but he didn't love his cake. Hence, he didn't get too messy!
On Monday, he ate through one apple, but he was still hungry.
On Tuesday, he ate through two pears, but he was still hungry.
On Wednesday, he ate through three plums, but he was still hungry.
On Thursday, he ate through four strawberries, but he was still hungry.
On Friday, he ate through five oranges, but he was still hungry.

Like most kids, Colin enjoyed the wrapping paper and bows just as much as the presents. He received so many nice gifts. Thank you so much to our family and friends for making his birthday such a great day! xoxo


Awesome party and soooo creative. Loved it. Colin is a big ONE year old now. *sniff sniff*
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Colin! Time flies! What an awesome party, Allison! So cute!
ReplyDelete