
Thanks AZ Whalens for my cute shirt!
We celebrated Fourth of July by visiting my parents and Aunt Issa in Orange County. Alyssa just had her tonsils out, and it's been a horrible recovery. We thought she could use a little pick-me-up. Ashleigh and Grant are out of town, so we brought cousin Carter with us for the night. I am sure she was happy to see us come and even more happy to see us leave. :) My parents have the best views of the fireworks from their house. One year, we counted thirteen firework displays. While, I "enjoyed" the fireworks displays this year, I held my breath after each and every bang hoping Colin stayed asleep. Luckily, he did, which made the shows even more enjoyable...after the fact.
Earlier that afternoon, we went over to a family friend's house for a BBQ. And Colin had his first kiss! Oh man, I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of this four-year old little girl, but she was adorable. Brown ringlets and so sugary sweet. She was in love with Colin. She put both hands on his little cheeks and brought her lips to his. Colin's face was priceless. He was so in love! Colin is starting to walk, and I had been encouraging him to show his Nana. He wanted nothing to do with it. Oh, but did he walk after this little girl and snuggle his face into her ruffled patriotic dress. It was totally adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment