To celebrate Mother's Day, my mom, Ashleigh, Alyssa and I headed out to Palm Desert for the night. My mom's room mom at school gifted her a suite at the Hilton for the night, which we gladly accepted. There were a few mishaps long the way (like people using their key to walk into our room and the fact that the room only had one king sized bed and a pull out couch-- I called the "pregnant" card), but overall, it was nice to relax by the pool and drink pina coladas...virgin ones....unfortunately! (Have I mentioned that I can't wait to drink again? A big margarita on the rocks with salt...Yummmm) Here we are relaxing beside the pool. And yes, I did rock the two piece with my BIG pregnant belly. I figure it's probably the last time I will be rocking a two piece for quite some time. (No pictures will be posted! :))

When I got home, my husband had sweetly spent the weekend cleaning the house, doing laundry, and yard work. For me, this in and of itself was the greatest gift! He also bought me a gift from Colin and himself. Colin gave me a board book, a massage tool, and kid's photo look book. Kevin gave me a digital frame that he loaded up with pictures from the last six months of my pregnancy. He was incredibly thoughtful! It was a little weird to celebrate mother's day when I don't feel like I am really a mom yet, but Kevin would have none of that. He really spoils me!
Also, a special thanks to my mom and mom-in-law for the mom-to-be cards. They were really thoughtful! I'm lucky to have such wonderful moms.
No comments:
Post a Comment